With Smart World Professional (SWP), you can change the background map in your view. Currently the following map types are supported.
- Dark (default): This is the default view in SWP. A nice dark map to make your data stand out.
- Light: Light version of the default map, good for when you want the background map to be more visible.
- Satellite Streets: This is the satellite image with roads and points of interest shown.
- Satellite: This ist he satellite image by itself, no clutter.
- Streets: Navigation ready map, best used for traffic and other types of analysis.
- Traffic Night: Traffic data overlaid on Dark basemap.
- Traffic Day: Traffic data overlaid on Streets basemap.
- Terrain: Terrain provides hillshades, elevation contours, and landcover data
To change the background map, click on the basemap selector in the lower right of the map window. A list will popup and you will be able to select the map you wish. Just click on it and the map will reload.
In addition to changing the background, you can change the facades of the default buildings in SWP. The following facades are available:
- Realistic: Attempts to create a realistic view of the city with windows and rooftops
- Light: Simple light color to buildings, looks great on the Dark basemap
- Dark: Simple dark color to buildings, looks great on the Light basemap
- Simple: Similar to Realistic but more basic windows and rooftops. Allows your buildings to have context but still face into the background.
To change the building facades, click on the building facade selector in the lower right of the map. A list will popup and you will be able to select the building facade color you wish. Just click it and the buildings will change.